I’m lying on my couch with my laptop propped up and a cup of ‘Relax’ Pukka tea feeling energized with all the endorphins from a great gym session. I jog/walked for 25 minutes and did a circuit for about 15 minutes and walked out feeling great. I also just meal prepped for the week and am feeling organized! But I think it’s really the endorphins that is helping me to feel good.
Reflecting on a great week gone by…
- I had my pole performance last week which was fun and went well! It’s always a good laugh and fun to dance with the other girls.
- I also jog/walked 5.6km for a run organized by work as a tribute to a great colleague who sadly passed away last month. I felt great afterwards and want to get into running in the fresh open air!
- I finished my last presentation for the year and treated myself to a manicure. Work ramped up the next day though – but it’s ok, you have to celebrate the small wins right?
- My boyfriend and I treated ourselves to some delicious Japanese food on Thursday night.
- We also had a delicious brunch today at one of my favourite haunts. Eggs inside toast (you know where they cut a hole in the bread and pour the egg in and cook it together?) with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and chutney. It was delicious!
- One of my lovely girlfriends and I caught up for lunch at a trendy little café that served surprisingly delicious food. I had lots of salads.
- My work team and I also caught up for lunch this week at a local bar. I had a Thai stir fry with jasmine rice which was tasty but did make me feel a little sick afterwards….
Looking back, it was a good food week for me!
Overall I’m trying to eat less meat because I find it hard to practice loving kindness meditation otherwise. But then again, I have to practice loving kindness towards myself and therefore sometimes have to eat meat to get my iron intake. So I usually eat vego for breakfast and lunch and eat meat for dinner with my boyfriend.
Drink: My ‘Relax’ Pukka tea is pretty delicious although a tad expensive!
Watch: I have just started watching ‘Victoria’ on Netflix which is pretty good, I must say. I loved the move ‘The Young Victoria’, so I’m hoping it will be just as good with more details spread out over the 8 episodes that are an a hour long! My boyfriend and I also watched Allied which was released last year. It was pretty good, even though it doesn’t have a happy ending. It wasn’t my usual style of movie but it had me hooked from beginning to end and talking about it today as well.
Read: I finished ‘Congo Dawn’ by Katherine Scholes last Sunday. It was good although I felt it dragged out a little bit. But perhaps I just didn’t enjoy the military/war parts. It was a beautiful story though and I highly recommend it, especially if you like Africa like me! I haven’t started reading much else since. I downloaded ‘4 Hour Work Week’ by Tim Ferris onto my Kindle yesterday and enjoyed the first few pages, but not sure how it will go. I also read my Women’s Fitness magazine which was delivered to my post box on Tuesday night after my major presentation which was a lovely little surprise.
How was your week? Hope you have been well!
Happy Sunday and have a great week ahead!
PS I took this photo years ago when I went to a PR agency to see the DeLonghi machine! I don’t drink coffee but I like the photo…